Assessment Time: Model

/
0 Comments
It's possible to fall into a false sense of security when you're being the model for your own design. It would be easy to think that there is no stress. How wrong was I? I'd practiced many parts of my own design a million times to make sure every single aspect of my design was easy to do. I tried to stay 'hands off' with Sophia when she was practicing, but I found it really difficult. I just had to explain lots. Explain the small little things I'd done to make individual elements easier to deliver.

I used a face mask the night before, and washed my face in tea tree oil face wash from
The Body Shop in the morning. It is my go to skin care product and I want to give Sophia the best canvas I can possibly muster.

I feel confident in her abilities and I was happy with the results I'd seen when we had practiced together. I just think she might have been a little nervous about using the face mask to make the dripping effect.

She sets up really nicely and her station looks really clean and organised. When we practised we both put out all of our kit and we both found that it made our stations get 100% messier and unorganised. I give her the products that I used so she could recreate the look.

I feel really confident in her abilities because I was really happy with how the results turned out when she practiced.

She spends a lot of time making sure the white base is perfect. I have to admire her patience for this. I would have struggled to achieve the same.

Thankfully Sophia remembered to use the card to get the really harsh line for the blusher that was needed. I'm feeling really happy with the results that are appearing. She puts on the eyeshadows and gets them to the same colour and darkness that we had achieved when we practiced and it seems to be going well so far. Her time management skills are great.

She whizzes through the mascara and very delicately puts on the lipstick how we had planned. Again, she nails it.

I can see her start to worry when it comes to doing the Neck Drippy Bit
™ She starts to mix it all up but forgets the white skin base. As she's mixing it all it's only by chance knocks the Skin base when she puts the bowl down. She instantly realises that she's forgotten it. I breathe a sigh of relief. She continues to mix up the paste testing the consistency by holding up the brush and seeing how well and easily it can drip.

She puts it all down my neck and using a brush to 'pull' down some 'veins'. I have to say overall I'm really happy with what she's managed to do.


The only thing I think she could have improved on was getting a sharper, more defined line along the jaw.



You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.