Lipstick Trials:

/
0 Comments
During the Critique session Sharon mentioned that she didn't really like the whole smudged lipstick technique. She said that it could look poorly done and spoil the look. I remember looking down sheepishly at some of my designs that were sporting a smudged lip.

I thought I'd give it ago anyway, just to see if there was way of making it look good

Here are my results:



I went back to the drawing board. I didn't want to go with a full lip colour because I thought it would be overkill.

Looking at Pinterest and Instagram I knew that 'Ombre' Lips were a massive trend. When I started to play about with my facecharts again, I started from the middle of the lip and I blended the colour out. I was actually really happy with how this looked with an incomplete look. It's just a smudge of colour on the lips and it made me think of a reversed Tudor Rose.

BINGO. This is what I'm going to work with

I found the Kryolan lip colours to lack the pigment I needed. So I switched out to Mac. The lipstick I chose in the end was the Viva La Glam Matte Red. 

I've tried it out with different shades of red:



Cherry Pop- Color Pop Sensations: NO. Too translucent 
Kryolan Lip Palette. I used every single Red/ Berry colour in this.
From the Lip Palette. Not pigmented enough,
Add caption
We're getting there...
I used a brush to smudge it out instead of my fingers. I prefer this, but I'm still not happy with the overall look.


Nailed it.


You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.