Tutorial With Sharon. DUHN DUHN DUUUUHNNNN

/
0 Comments
You know when you go into a room feeling really confident and it becomes painfully clear that in actual fact you haven't got your act together? That was me today.

I had book a session with Sharon previously and not shown up due to an unforeseen circumstance. So I made my way in on my 'free' Tuesday to see what I could gain from this 10 minute window.

Sharon's first meeting had over run so she asked me politely if I minded coming back at another time and I had no problem with this. At the newly appointed time I return and Sharon still isn't finished. I just sit outside and wait. Thinking about how much of an improvement I've made on this blog recently. I make a list of things I'd like to bring up otherwise I would forget them.

My Questions and Queries:

  •  Minimum amount of posts for New Elizabethans
  •  Length of Blogs?
  •  Do we blog about shoots?
  •  Attendance 16th/23rd 
  •  Good habits for make up assessments


I get called into the office. The opening question is:

"How are you getting on?"


Now, normally I just answer this with the typical "Oh I'm fine" because that's what I'm used to doing, but this time I just answer honestly and said that I was struggling and I feel as though it's impossible. Just saying that out loud was in itself the biggest relief because it feels like a demon I've kept hidden for ages.

Sharon just smiles, and asks me to put my blog on the Mac. I comply and hold my breath as she begins to scroll. It was an absolute relief when I heard her say how she loved this and that, calling Kat over to look at my work and just chatting to me about things I've done.

I decided I'll bring up 'Length of Blogs' to start with. So it turns out that one of the points of having this blog is to reflect on things I've done, find inspiring and to record my journey from the research to the final result. Sharon likes how much I write and says I seem to be a naturally reflective person. The only thing that I can improve on in that sense is that it is really easy to make a list at the end of a practice session or an outcome of things to beat myself up about. Instead of doing this I need to make sure that I use points like this to be the driving force for improvement.


So instead of doing this:

 "I didn't like that result"

Do this

" I wasn't happy with the result, so next time I'm going to....and why..."

It turns the negative into something with potential to be positive and have a better result for the next time.

What Sharon wants to see more of in my blogs:



  • Reference and Visuals of what I find inspiring
  • This ^^ but consistently throughout my posts
  • Photos of practice outside the class. Stuff I've done in my own time and a reflection to go with it
  • Links/Drop in YouTube videos of things that are relevant to my studies.
  • Photos of when other people practice on me and how this will help me
  • USE BOOKS as references, there's more to life than internet references
  • Tidy up my blog, she really likes the layout. (I knew my gut instinct was right about a simple and clean layout BOOM) DONE
  • Complete missing blog posts.
I'm feeling great at this point and i'm feeling fairly positive and then the cartoon style 10 tonne gets dropped on me from a great height:

30-35 BLOG POSTS FOR THIS ONE ALONE

It's at the point i'm pretty certain I have an outer body experience and I know my poker face failed. As I come back down into my body I can hear Sharon telling that it's going to be OK and it's still doable. 

T
I
M
E

M
A
N
A
G
E
M
E
N
T

IS THE KEY.


What I need to do:

  • BIG DIARY OF DOOM. Or just you know, 2016. The A4 one seems like a good idea.
  • A mini version with a week to view. That way I can plan my week
  • Spend an hour a day blogging and then leave it.
  • Make a super list and bring it with me to my next tutorial (Tomorrow at 12pm or 1pm
  • Plan everything. It makes it easier to do.
  • Become more proactive in seminars to see what needs to be made into a blog post.
  • Make sure I have a black outfit for tomorrow, my notes and everything I need for my assessment tomorrow.
Is this doable? Hell yeah.

So far I've already thought of 5 new blog posts for this one alone. I've made the drafts already and put a bit of blurb in them so I don't forgetful when I get home/when I next open up blogger.

After practicing on Sophia tonight, I'll take photos and evaluate them and prep some notes for tomorrow.

Sharon is ace.


xo


You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.