Sophia's Design Practice

/
0 Comments


I'm actually really looking forward to getting do my assessment. I've got my outfit ready and I learned from my hair assessment faux pas that a short sleeved top is more suitable- No one likes being a Sweaty Betty.

I organise with Sophia a suitable time that I can practice doing her look. I arrive early to set up and I get everything that I need, including a few products she could potentially swap out and try instead.

Sophia arrives and I feel fairly professional and then she pulls out her face chart...

...





And it looks completely different to what I had seen and practiced on myself. Well, this is going to make things really interesting. I keep a pokerface and I gently inquire as to why she's changed the design so close to the assessment. I didn't really get an answer other than " I just didn't like it," I shrug it off and begin to crack on.

A white base. Pretty simple. I crack on with that and ask her if it's heavily powdered, she nods and I powder away. I love the smell of the Illamasqua powder, smells like vanilla icing sugar. I'm just about to start contouring with the purple and she jumps in really quickly and says that she doesn't want the contouring done. I look a little perplexed but I carry on with her wishes.

I start with the eyes. I follow the design as closely as I can and I'm constantly asking her for her feedback, unfortunately I don't really get much in the way of good communications. So I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, I become a little frustrated when I start applying eyeshadow and I ask her if the placement is right and when I've done eyes she informs me that there is another colour that needs to go on. It's just a bit of an inconvenience, nothing major. I jot this down on my notes page.

Now come the eyelashes, I've never really been any good at these. I didn't have an scissors either which meant I couldn't trim them down. Before I even consider putting the eyelashes on it's dawned on me that she hasn't done a patch test. I ask her if she's used Duo before and she says that it's her regular brand of eyelash glue that she uses.

With a little bit of a prayer, I managed to SOMEHOW get symmetrical winged eyeliner. I can't even do this on my face, let alone anyone else's. OK, maybe I used a little initiative and thought about how I could replicate one side. And then it dawned on me. I can use a make up brush/stick to 'mark out the brows' This is a popular method that maybe people use today. All this entails is holding up a make up brush with a long handle and place it just next to the nostril and match it up to the outside edge of the eye. This means you can get the eyebrow shape right. I did this to make it easy and to save time when you are in a hurry.

I was really happy with how well this particular part came out, it's so satisfying to get matching eyeliner. It's just one of those things you can't explain to someone who isn't a fellow make up junkie.

I put some purple Supracolour though the brows and these framed the eyes really nicely. Although






You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.