Urban Decay

/
0 Comments
I adore Urban Decay products. The first time I ever had my make up done by a professional,was when I was 16 at The Clothes Show Live in the NEC in Birmingham. I had always seen their counter when I was taken to the West End in London. I'd run along and swatch all of the eye shadows because they were so bright.

Billie had been raving about the foundation and suggested we go and get colour matched. I'm a huge fan of the Naked eye shadow palettes and I don't go anywhere without them. So I was extremely eager to try other products within the Naked range.

Our make up artist was an absolute diamond. Despite the fact she was serving the three of us at once, she was able to answer out individual questions as well as keeping us all entertained. Compared to other counters I've been too she was really lovely and informative. Other experiences at counters has put me off that particular store and I've gone to the extreme of ordering online.

She was really happy that she had make up students in, she was teaching us how to colour match peoples foundations. It was really handy as we'd just been taught this in our practical with Sue earlier in the week. At first she'd chosen a shade too light for Billie and she looked a little bit like Caspa the Friendly Ghost. Billie could see my concerned face and when our make up artist step backed she soon saw that the foundation was too pale,

Billie had the entire works done.

 photo Billie_zps7aj8hgzs.jpg

I think that the make up really suited her. We were told that because of Billie's big eyes, they were great for showcasing dramatic make up. My favourite part of this make up look was the way were shown to mix products to create unique colours and in turn, creating unique looks. The inspiration was taken from Billie's hair. So the colour palette used was all pinks and purples. I love the ombre lip that was created using one of the new matte shades called Blackmail. On it's own, the colour can see a little scary but in the centre of the lip was a nice pink shade that was then blended out into the darker shade. Finally, the lashes just smashed it.


Ross had his matched up and it just blended into his skin really well. I'm always curious about doing his make up because of his beard. I guess I'll have to give it a go in a practical session and see how well I fare with doing it. He was lightly contoured, and a really subtle colour swept over his eyelids. I really liked it. It meant he could 'fierce' it up later before we go out.


Now onto me, I was asked what I wanted and I wasn't sure so I said they could decide for me. Billie knows how much I like sparkles so she gave the make up artist the heads up to go nuts with colours and sparkles. I really wanted to try Blackmail as the colour just looked so beautiful but I've never been brave enough to try dark colours.


I had my foundation matched and like I predicted I was the lightest shade available (yay for having Irish heritage) I was contoured and everything else and my face LIT UP when I saw her pick up the dual chrome eye shadow that I had swatched earlier while watching everyone else get their make up done.

I loved my look, just not the foundation. Perhaps if I had been moisturized I might have liked this. I hadn't had any concealer put on either. So I guess I'll just stick to the foundation I've got.



 photo Snapchat-2346317660266199750.jpg  photo Snapchat-1258797292099088900.jpg  photo Snapchat-2889475425778845658.jpg


You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.