My First Week At Solent

/
0 Comments
Idea of university was daunting. It been an idea that I didn't think was going to happen and it terrified me. My alarm went off and there was no turning back. I was the first one up in my flat there's no one to say goodbye to, I was on my own.

I managed to meet up with some people that I already knew. We made our way up to a classrooms. University environment is something very different. I wasn't used to it. I was surrounded by people who wanted the exact same thing as I did and shared same passion I did.

One of my favourite lessons we had with an introduction to the course by older students. Really honest overview of our course and what to expect. That these people shared my same worries when I did make me feel at ease. Seeing some of the photos of their work throughout the year make me really look forward to about to embark on. I found their personal fears something I could relate to myself. Making many notes throughout this meet and greet, feel as though this is something I'll be able to look back to and use as a reference throughout my time here at Solent.

Another seminar that I enjoyed with with the Illamasqua team. I felt as though this was my first proper lecture, I love really excited about the talk they were about to give. The information received during this talk with priceless.  It covered vast areas within my chosen field. They spoke about how important the visual side is to our industry. Covering the relaunch of the Illamasqua website. We were told to make all of our personal social networking private because of how it effects our job opportunities which was something I had never considered.

Last event I am going to write about is the Illamasqua masterclass we attended. We were talked through the products that the Illamasqua 'staples'. I fell completely in love with their gel based products. The gel contour stick has honestly changed my life. The technique of using the heels of your hands to apply a contour product is completely ingenious. I took away so much from this workshop. One of the most helpful classes I have ever attended.

Overall, this week wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The only thing I really struggled with was homesickness. It was the first time I've ever done something new and not gone home to my Daddy to tell him all about it. I cried a lot after my first day and if it wasn't for my flat I wouldn't have made it through this first week.

I love the fact I've made it here and I'm going to be studying something that I'm completely devoted to. The only thing I wasn't a massive fan of was the timetable. It was a bit intimidating at first but I'll work it out eventually. I think the workload maybe challenging if I don't keep on top of it as my weakness is time management.


You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.